- Unreal’s governance token UGT can now be traded on Polygon’s biggest DEX — QuickSwap
- We’ve added two trading pairs to QuickSwap — UGT-ETH & UGT-QUICK — and provided the seed liquidity for each pair
- To welcome Unreal, QuickSwap has rewarded our pairs with a total of 10 QUICK/day in their liquidity mining rewards program
- The commencement on UGT’s trading on QuickSwap marks the start of Unreal’s highly-anticipated launch on Polygon
- You can view the trading information here: https://info.quickswap.exchange/token/0xba4c54ea2d66b904c82847a7d2357d22b857e812
After a difficult start on Ethereum’s mainchain, UGT is now available on Polygon for next-to-zero gas fees. This also means that Unreal’s much anticipated launch on the Polygon Network will soon be upon us. To prepare for this monumental occasion, first, we had to enable UGT to be bridged to Polygon (which we did 3 days ago). The next step was to add liquidity to an exchange so that UGT could be traded on layer 2. Of course, we chose to list on QuickSwap — Polygon’s biggest and most reliable DEX — first.
While we understand that bridging to layer 2 for the first time can seem daunting for many DeFi users, it’s actually much easier than you might think and once you’ve done so, you can transact at lightning fast speeds and for near zero gas fees. For those who aren’t yet familiar with the process, check out our step-by-step guide to help walk you through. We’re sure you’ll be glad you did it!
QuickSwap Welcomes UGT with Liquidity Mining Rewards
Unreal is overjoyed that QuickSwap is welcoming the UGT community with open arms.
While Unreal provided the initial seed liquidity of $10k for our UGT-ETH pair and another $10k for our UGT-QUICK pair (with a promise of more rewards for Dragon’s Syrup users down the line), QuickSwap agreed to incentivize our community to move over additional liquidity by offering a whopping 10 QUICK rewards per day!
- 5 QUICK/day will be distributed among liquidity providers for the UGT-ETH pair
- 5 QUICK/day will be distributed among liquidity providers for the UGT-QUICK pair
- At QUICK’s current value of $594.40, that’s a total of $5950/day, and $41,650/week
- These rewards are available now
- In addition to the QUICK rewards, liquidity providers will also receive 0.25% of the trading fees for the pair(s) they LP for. These rewards are paid in the two assets in the pair, regularly added to the LP, and auto-compounded
*Please note that providing liquidity for a DEX always carries some risk of impermanent loss.
How Do I Get in on those Rewards?
After you’ve bridged your UGT over to Polygon, the first step is to add liquidity to your desired pair. To do so, you’ll need to have equal parts UGT and whichever other asset you’re providing for. In this example, we’ll show you the process with QUICK.
First, click the “Pool” tab in the upper left hand side of QuickSwap’s Interface.
Then select “Add Liquidity”.
A new window will open. Select UGT from the top drop down menu, and QUICK (or ETH) from the bottom drop down. Enter the amount of UGT you’d like to add, and the corresponding amount of the other asset will automatically update. Then click, “Approve UGT”.
MetaMask will open. Click “Confirm”.
Next, back on QuickSwap’s Interface, click “Supply”.
Finally, select “Confirm Supply”.
Congratulations! You are now earning your share of the 0.25% trading fees the pool generates, but the next step is to get those QUICK rewards. To do so, visit the “Farms” tab and select “LP Mining” from the drop down menu.
Next, find the pool you’re providing for and click “Deposit”.
Watch here for a full video tutorial on this process.
Whether or not UGT holders want to provide liquidity for trading on QuickSwap, we’re thrilled that they provided the incentives. We’re enthusiastic about expanding our relationship with Polygon’s biggest DEX, and we hope our community will join us in celebrating this collaboration.
One Small Step for UGT
Now that our token holders can easily bridge their UGT to buy, sell, trade, and transact on Polygon, the next step is for Unreal to launch our yield futures platform — where users can lock in fixed interest rates for lending and borrowing on Ethereum’s most used layer 2 — Polygon. We anticipate this happening in the very near future. Stay tuned for further details.
At Unreal, our goal has always been to be a multi-chain platform that allows users to realize the full potential of their staked/illiquid assets today. To maximize the number of users who have access to this powerful financial instrument, fast and nearly-free transactions — like those enabled by Polygon and QuickSwap — are necessary. We hope our community of DeFi enthusiasts will join us in celebrating this milestone step towards Unreal’s launch on the Polygon Network.
There’s never been a better time to join our active and spirited community. If you’re into DeFi and looking to join some like-minded enthusiasts, you’ve come to the right place. Stop by any of our social platforms today to connect with thousands of people who share your interest in decentralized finance and maybe much more.